I hope that you all had a wonderful time saying farewell to the year and welcoming in 2012. I have to sheepishly admit that I slept through the transition after spending the evening celebrating my cousin’s birthday with family.
The evening reminded me how lovely it was to spend time with them and as we are all so busy these days it is rare we are all together. With drinks, nibbles, great company and fireworks I couldn’t have asked for more.
There is always the temptation with a New Year to look backwards, to think about those who aren’t around any more and think about the regrets we inevitably have but this year I am resolutely looking forward. With Dollies Daydream getting a website this year I have a lot to be thankful and hopeful for. My hope is that this year will be the best it can be and there are a few resolutions I have made to help that along.
In 2012 I hope to….
1. get busy doing what I love. There are some things in my life that I have not neen enjoying for a while and have put things off because of the possible consequences.
2. enjoy a simpler life. Its so easy these days to want the latest gadget, to get so busy you don’t know which day you are on and to be so busy trying to impress others you forget who you are. These days I’ve been dreaming of having time to enjoy more of the simpler things in life with my family – to bake, to paint, to explore and to watch my daughter grow up.
3. stop worrying about money. Coming from a family who has always watched every penny and always saved for a rainy day, this is always something I have struggled with. Worrying about the things I might need it for stops me from enjoying it…hell, it stops me from even spending it sometimes. Being cautious about money can be a good thing but I have to start finding a balance I think.
4. spend more time with those I love. Life’s too short – I’m sure in my old age I would be more thankful of the memories I made with the important people in my life than of all the menial tasks I got done.
5. stop thinking and have a go. I get caught up in my desire for perfection. I procrastinate, I make excuses, I give up, all because I am afraid of making mistakes. I will strive to be imperfectly perfect instead of plain and boring perfect 😉
Who knows how successful I will be but I make a promise that every day I will strive to change my ways and enjoy an even better life. just for today, I’m grateful for my family, friends and memories made thus far.
Happy New Year to you all xx